Updated on September 9, 2020
Cosmetic Surgery: Basic Things to Know
Cosmetic surgery is a unique discipline of medicine focused on improving appearance through surgical and medical techniques. Cosmetic surgery can be performed on all areas of the head, neck, and body. Because the treated areas work properly but lack aesthetic appeal, cosmetic surgery is optional.
What is a cosmetic surgery
Plastic surgery is defined as a surgical specialty dedicated to the reconstruction of facial and bodily anomalies due to birth disorders, trauma, burns, and diseases. Plastic surgery is intended to correct dysfunctional areas of the body and is reconstructive.
What are the most common cosmetic surgery procedures?
Their common or descriptive name lists the most common cosmetic procedures (invasive and minimally invasive). The medical term for the procedure is in parentheses:
- Breast augmentation or augmentation (augmentation mammoplasty)
- Breast implant removal
- Breast lift (mastopexy) with or without implant placement
- Buttock elevation
- Remodeling of the chin, cheeks or jaws (facial implants or soft tissue augmentation)
- Eyelid lift (blepharoplasty)
- Facelift (rhytidectomy)
- Forehead lift
- Hair replacement or transplant
Choose A Surgeon
It is important to use a qualified cosmetic surgeon or leading nose job specialist accredited by professional advice.
- - Choose a reputable surgeon and check their credentials.
- - After getting the surgeon's advice, make your own decisions.
- - Get complete information about the procedure and weigh all the pros and cons beforehand.
- - Choose the right time, for example, by avoiding a stressful event, such as a change of job, grief, a baby or a move.
- - Never use cosmetic surgery to please or impress someone else.